Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Epithets

Food Enthusiast

I love food, a lot. As you can probably tell by the titles of my other epithets, I am very enthusiastic about my interests. Cooking, for me, is how I express my creativity. I am not an artist, and I am only half of a musician, but I consider myself a descent cook. My wife and I try to be as creative as possible when searching for new foods to make. In the past few weeks, we have made Swiss fondue, gyros, gumbo, cordon blue, homemade pasta noodles, Thai rice wraps, kinidliki (Czech dumplings), bread pudding, pumpkin rice pudding--all together, those foods represent eight different countries. What can I say? We like to experiment. 

BYU Sports Fanatic

Next to cooking, BYU sports are my passion. More specifically, BYU football is my passion. I have followed Cougar Football since my junior high years, and am as avid of a fan as there is. I have not missed one time of checking up on the latest BYU football news in the last nine months (Sundays excluded of course). Only 74 days left before the kickoff of the new season, but who is counting?

Movie Nut

Second only to staying up-to-date on BYU Football, staying up-to-date on the upcoming movies is my favorite pass time. I am a huge comic-book-movie nerd. I have seen every Marvel movie, many of them twice. I was so excited for the release of Age of Ultron that my wife--in pity for my sanity I am sure--made me a countdown chain for the opening day. Needless to say I loved the movie so much that I dragged my wonderful wife along twice to see it with me. Ant Man comes out on July 17th (24 days), but again, who is counting?

Lover of . . . My Family

My wife and I were married on August fifth of last year. This year has been the happiest and most fun of my life. I may sound like a solitary nut job with my BYU sports, movies, and recipe hunting, but what really makes me happiest is spending time with my wife. We love camping, watching movies (no surprise there), cooking (again, no surprise), playing games, and having fun doing absolutely nothing. My wife is my hero, not only because she puts up with me, but because she makes everyone around her feel happy. An avid blogger, she is also very exited that I started this blog for class. 

6 comments:

  1. It was so neat to read all about your adventures with your wife. Congratulations, it sounds like your Anniversary is coming up! I think its great that you are so passionate about the things that you love. I too love movies and food (often together!). I think one of the most interesting things I have ever learned to make was falafel (a throwback to Israel for ya). If you haven't done it yet I strongly recommend it. Along with homemade pita bread it is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movies are amazing experiences. The sights, sounds and ideas that can be shared are incredible. Age of Ultron was incredible and Ant man looks amazing.

    Congrats on your upcoming anniversary. Marriage is such an incredible experience isn't it? I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I love Marvel too! We went to the pre-screening of Age of Ultron and then saw it again with our friends, and later had an hour-long conversation about the infinity gauntlet storyline. I even screenprinted the SHIELD logo onto shirts for us to wear. Have you watched Agents of Shield? It's one of my favorite shows right now.
    ...as you can tell I'm a totally unapologetic geek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man how I agree with you on BYU sports. I am pumped about this season (both football and basketball) to see what it brings. However, my heart hurts seeing our past few seasons of football go down hill. I am a avid cougar through and through, but want to go to a football game and see us win, not a coach who claims to care more about raising good players (when yet they still get in one of the biggest brawls in history under him). I love my cougars but realize changes need to be made for us to have a better team. Nonetheless, I will be there with you at every game this season rooting on our cougars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fun that you cook a lot with your wife! It sounds like you guys make amazing food, feel free to bring samples to class anytime! I also like BYU football, hoping for the best this season! I have my doubts about Ant Man, but I'm sure Marvel will be able to pull it off. Keep us posted on the countdowns, I'll be there opening night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete